Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2016

Life Lessons: Adulting Edition (It's Hard and Expensive)

You know those times when you have so much to do that even just thinking or talking about all the things you have to do makes you out of breath. I'm experiencing that right now. I feel like I've never been so ridiculously slammed with so many different things all at once. The to do list seems to be ever growing and nothing is getting checked off. Life I tell ya, it's crazy sometimes!
image
But look, still smiling even if all those jackets on my head represent everything I have to do... But add a few more jackets, just like 10 or so!
I'm not here to complain, just trying to say it like it is. I mean it's good to be busy and I know it's not always going to be like this (at least I sure hope not?) so just have to keep trucking along and try my best to get everything done when it needs to get done. But seriously, is this what real adult life is like? Because if that's the case, I'm not sure that's what I signed up for and I'd like to go back to a simpler time where I don't have to remember so many different things. Between school, two jobs, attempting to have a bit of a social life, keeping up with family and friends, and responsibilities at home, all while helping plan a friends wedding... Holy cow, sometimes I feel like a chicken with my head cut off (and I just thought about that, how terrible is that saying. I mean that's gross! But at the same time I feel like it is an accurate statement to how some of my days have been going). I feel like I haven't had a full nights sleep in at least a week, and that's going to continue for at least the next couple weeks. But seriously, I swear I'm not complaining right now... Just tired. And learning so much, about real life, adulting, and myself.

I know I can do it, I have been doing it all... Time to keep powering through, and it'll all pay off in the end. Speaking of pay though, holy cow I've had to pay for a lot! 😂 Being a real life adult is expensive... Did I really sign up for this? And yet, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I mean I'm still pretty young, have great friends and family, and get to be involved in some exciting times ahead with them. There is celebrations to be had and so many new, fun experiences happening lately.
But just a disclaimer and apology in advance, I am probably going to forget things. As much as I try to write things down and put them in my planner, somedays with the whole chicken with my head cut off thing, I forget what I'm even supposed to write in my calendar, let alone actually get the productive task I was supposed to do done. So I'm sorry, if I can't get things done right away, or if I forget, or if you feel like I'm neglecting you, it's not you, it's me. It won't always be like this, I'll get back on track and better organized eventually. Right now I'm just figuring out some of the realities of how to adult and I'll work at getting better at it. For now, just gonna keep on powering through, hopefully get a little sleep here and there and all will be good, it is good! Just busy. So there you have it, real life... At least for me. But I'd like to believe we're all in this together and let's support one another. So just know, I feel for you and support you if you feel so busy it makes you out of breath. You've got this, and you can do it too! And I'm banking on the fact that it won't always be like this (so please don't tell me that's not true, just gonna bask in that notion and carry on with my naiveness, if that's what it is) and you should too! So just keep carrying on and you'll get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig