Pages

Saturday 12 September 2015

Blogtember Day 7: My Blog Name (5 days late)

So far this whole blogging thing has been a game of catch up, and that is going to continue today, but I am determined to get some posts up and eventually catch up! Maybe even today, but we'll see how it goes.

There's not much of a story (at least in my mind) about where my blog name came from, but I still feel like it's something I can talk about... Although to be honest I could probably talk about anything right now because I may be a little on the bored side haha.

Anyways, the name of my blog is My Moon and More, if you didn't already know. Deciding on this, in itself was quite a feat, as I'm sure my bestie Adrianna can attest to (thank you for being so patient!). I am a perfectionist and a very indecisive person and I just could not decide on the perfect name. I used some tips on how to name your blog and all that, and it really just led me all over the place with a whole bunch of words that didn't really fit together, or were too cliche, or just not me. It really was a struggle! 

I went to Adrianna for help because she is always full of ideas and understanding when I'm in one of these dilemmas. She suggested I think of something that had to do with the moon, because I feel I do have a connection to the moon. I'm a Cancer, and from that stems my moonchild-ness I believe. I just find comfort and calm when looking at the moon, and I feel like it speaks to me, so really it probably was the obvious choice.


I mean the moon may feature on my Instagram on occasion... I just can't help it!
                                            
With the idea of the moon firmly implanted in my head, finally, I instantly thought of the title of a Sarah Dessen novel, The Moon and More, and I decided that was it, it was the perfect name! Unfortunately though, that URL was already in use and unavailable to me. But Adrianna to the rescue once again, she appreciates alliteration as much as me and suggested MY Moon and More. Of course, that was it, it is my blog after all, might as well call it mine! 

And there you have it, this blog was born!

To the moon and back, 
Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig