Pages

Saturday 12 September 2015

Blogtember Day 11: Friday Night In (only 1 day late)

A Friday night in is my kind of Friday night, it's always nice to kick back and relax at the end of the week and just catch up on sitting around and doing a whole lotta nothing! And yet I'm excited to talk about my Friday night of doing not much because sometimes doing nothing is exciting!

So the night begins with a conversation with my brothers about what to do for dinner, I hear some mentions of Chinese food, and that sounds perfect to me. I leave it to the boys to decide on what dishes to order and I head up to my room to catch up on some random YouTube videos... I sort of have an addiction to watching vlogs. 

I hear a loud knock at the door, like it is a really heavy knock I tell ya! I run down the stairs wondering who it could be, as I didn't think we were expecting anyone. At the door, I can see that it is a tall guy standing there, and I have no idea who it is. I open the door with a "Hello?" and confused look on my face... Especially when I see he's holding a bag of food. He just says "Chinese food...?" Uhh <blank stare on my face> so he elaborates a bit more, "did you order Chinese food?" At this point I'm really confused because, while yes we were ordering Chinese food, I'm pretty sure the plan was for my dad to pick it up on his way home from work, like always. I tell this delivery boy that I'll check and I call out to my brother, as I'm doing this though, delivery boy friend looks down at the order of food in his hand and exclaims "Oh sh*t! This is for number 19, you're not number 19! No wonder you looked so confused!" That's right folks, we've got a genius on our hands...the house he was looking for was a few doors down. He ran back down the front walk so fast, he was so embarrassed, the poor guy! I really did feel bad for him, but I couldn't help but laugh! And the funny thing is, my brother had just finished placing our order for Chinese food as the knock on the door came! Can you talk about the speediest of speedy service!  But no, I was right...my dad was picking up our order! 

Not something that happens very often, at least in my experience! But it was funny, my bother and I sure had a good laugh about it! And the poor delivery boy, if he wasn't so embarrassed and ran away, maybe we could've bonded over the moment and he could've had a good laugh too... What if fate was trying to bring us together and he ran away just as the opportunity presented itself! Haha I'm totally kidding, but it could have had the potential to be like something out of the movies!

After all that excitement, things went back to normal. We ate the Chinese food that my dad brought home, and then I headed down to the river for a walk. It's a beautiful, relaxing escape for me to head down there, especially when the sun is setting. There's a boardwalk down by the river and it has become like a sanctuary for me, just to look at the river and the setting sun, reflect on the day and enjoy the calm peacefulness. It had been a long time since I'd been down there so it was nice to go back. 


When back from my walk, I made myself an ice cream sundae and watched too many episodes of Full House before heading to bed. 

So in summary, basically my Friday night in looked like this: watch some YouTube, order and eat Chinese food, go for a walk, eat ice cream, and watch Netflix before heading to bed. Pretty solid Friday night of not doing too much, if you ask me. Just how I like it!

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed my ramblings! ;)
Erica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig